Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Love Notes From God

As I was preparing dinner one evening, I noticed a stain on my kitchen counter. I suppose it was left from my morning coffee and in my rush I didn't notice it until that evening. But what I saw was not a stain, it was a heart. It was a beautiful heart and another reminder of God's love for me.





How did I get all that from a stain on the counter? Because I have learned to wait expectantly for God to show me these little acts of love. Sometimes it comes through just the right song on the radio, or in the words from a friend, and sometimes it comes through a simple stain on the kitchen counter.

I have learned that God loves me so much that He is willing to go to great lengths to let me know. He loves me unfailingly, sacrificially, and unconditionally. He loves me enough to allow me to make mistakes and He will be there to pick me up when I stumble. He loves me enough to dry every single tear that I shed. He's there to cheer me on when I make the right choices.

And here's the really cool thing about this picture: When we are God's adopted children, He doesn't see a stained heart either. He only sees our beautiful, clean heart through the eyes of His son, Jesus.

I will leave you with just a few of the many, many verses about God's love for us.


Psalm 36:7
How precious is your unfailing love, O God! 
All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.

Psalm 52:8
But I am like an olive tree, thriving 
in the house of God. I will always trust in God’s unfailing love.

Psalm 136:2
Give thanks to the God of gods. 
His faithful love endures forever.

Proverbs 15:9
The LORD detests the way of the wicked,
 but he loves those who pursue godliness.

Romans 8:38
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. 
Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, 
neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow
—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.


 

No comments: