Here are a few gems I've uncovered this week:
- "Jesus knew what you and I must learn: not every good thing is a God thing, and nothing is worth doing if it's not what God wants us to do." (Priscilla Shirer from One in a Million). So Jesus explained, “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does. ~ John 5:19
- "Regardless of how you may feel, God does see you. He knows your name, and He loves you--passionately and tenderly. He sees your needs, and He yearns to fill them. At any given moment, even when you feel most alone, He is working out a plan for your future....Trust Him. Wait for Him." (Tammy Maltby from The God Who Sees You: Look to Him When You Feel Discouraged, Forgotten, or Invisible.)
- Time does not heal emotional wounds. A body will naturally heal itself but emotions will only heal in the presence of God. Time may help with perspective, but it doesn't heal....Emotional pain can accumulate if not dealt with. (Jimmy Evans)
- When God sends encouragement, we must receive it. Example: If we're discouraged, God may send someone into our lives to encourage us. If we do not accept the encouragement (i.e. compliment), we are calling that person a liar. (Beth Moore)
- From Hebrews 10: 35-36. "So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised."