Friday, August 24, 2012

God Does Not Change

Where does the time go? This maze we traverse called life literally seems to move at warp speed and it is always in constant flux.

Glacier National Park courtesy morguefile.com

I have a full-time day job (which is why I don't post here on a consistent basis) that keeps me quite busy. I'm meeting new people all the time. People I was just starting to know have moved on.

Rules and regulations seems to be constantly changing. The price of gas is constantly changing. Up one week and down the next.

Weather seems to be more extreme each year. Weeks of no rain produce drought.  Then days of rain produce flooding. Temperatures are record-breaking high one week and the following week they're below average for this time of year.

It's all a bit crazy. I cannot count on anything in this world to stay the same. But, I try to remember the things I can count on not changing.

God does not change.

“I am the Lord, and I do not change." ~ Malachi 3:6a

"Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from
God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens.
He never changes or casts a shifting shadow." ~ James 1:17

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, 
today, and forever" ~ Hebrews 13:8
 



God's love for me does not change and He is faithful to keep his promises. When the world is constantly changing, I can go to the Word and read these promises knowing He will be faithful to keep these promises.

I will close with a few of these promises.


"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, 
for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; 
not as the world gives do I give to you. 
Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."
John 14:27

No comments: