Saturday, October 27, 2012

Nuggets of Wisdom

It's been a while since I've shared a Nuggets of Wisdom post. So here's one which I was inspired to write after listening to Beth Moore who did a short video devotion this week. This one really spoke to me. The heart is deceitful...

What's inside your heart?

  • There is a subtle difference between a Lie and Deception. A lie is usually something that we can recognize as such. An example of this would be if I told you that I was a supermodel in my spare time. Obvious lie. (wink) Deception is a lie that worked! We do not recognize something as a lie and suddenly we have been deceived.
  • "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? But I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve.” ~ Jeremiah 17:9-10. Yes, our hearts (and emotions) can deceive us but God knows our hearts and our motives. If we ask God to reveal these places of deceit in our heart, He is more than willing to do so. But we also need to be willing to listen.
  • We should seek the truth in our innermost parts and let God unearth these deceptions and heal.

I placed a link in the first paragraph to the devotion if you'd like to watch the entire video. I'll leave you with a few other verse references that Beth gave: Psalm 51:6 (Wisdom in our secret places); Acts 1:24 (God knows the heart of all); Jeremiah 17:14 (God will heal.) I encourage you to look up these references and meditate on them today.

No comments: