Friday, December 28, 2012

In Retrospect


In the past, I usually dedicated the year-end posts to looking back at what the most popular articles have been. It's a great idea to look back and find out what story was clicked on the most. However, I don't feel the need to do that this year. First of all, I already have a little blogger widget in the right-hand column which shows the top 5 posts. It's there all the time for anyone to see. Second, I don't do typical blog things here. I try to allow the Holy Spirit to lead me in what to write about and when to write. I don't stick to a rigid writing schedule and I'm not trying to follow all the "rules" in order to make this a successful blog. Whether I have 3 or 300 readers makes no difference to me. I write for whoever the Lord leads to read this blog.

I started this blog in April of this year after spending a few years blogging for another site. This blog is more personal and is an outgrowth of my spiritual journey. As I grapple with issues and absorb what the Lord teaches me, I try to share the things that are on my heart. Personally, this year has been a strange mix of events and I've spent some time today reflecting on them. I'm still trying to make some sense of it all. As I was driving home from an appointment, I was listening to the radio and heard a song by Casting Crowns that I had never heard before. God wanted me to hear it. The song was called Already There. The lyrics to the song really helped me remember that even though all sorts of random events may be occurring, God sees them all as a memory. He's already there at the end of my life looking at it from that perspective and everything makes sense. From my perspective, nothing seems to make sense and I'm always looking for answers. God has a different perspective than we do and, unlike me, is not bound by time (minutes, hours, days, weeks, years). 

I decided to look up the song on YouTube. The first thing I found was not the official song but a short video from the artist explaining the meaning behind the song. I loved watching this video and want to share it with you here. If you are struggling to make sense of events in your life, watch this short video and then listen to the actual song. Remember that God is always in control and He knows what you are going through because He's already there seeing your life in retrospect.
   
 


 
Casting Crowns: behind the song "Already There"

No comments: