Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nuggets of Wisdom

Thought I'd share a few nuggets of wisdom I've learned this week.
  • Joy is always a word of relationship (with God), and not about our circumstances.  "Always be joyful.  Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT) I can be joyful without being happy about the present circumstance.
  • Faith is often seen as foolishness by the world.
  • God is worth waiting for. I can wait because this road I am on will take me to the place He wants me to be. 
  • Anxiety is rooted in distrust.
  • Scars don't hurt. When someone says they are hurting from emotional scars, that's not a scar that's hurting; it's a wound. 
  • Choose to praise God even when my heart doesn't feel like it. Just start praising God with my mouth and my heart will follow. Did Paul feel like praising God when he was sitting in that jail cell? No. But he began singing and praising God.


No comments: